perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Sean Howard" <S...@sierracat.com>
Subject RE: Single Form - Multiple Destinations
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:55:47 GMT
Hi Cameron,

	My first instinct on this would be to a javascript onClick()
event on the button, which triggers a function that changes the form's
action attribute based on which button they clicked, then submit the
form.  The function would look something like:

function subform(destination){
	document.myform.action=destination;
	document.myform.submit();
}

	This is probably going to be much easier than futzing with http
headers...

Sean M. Howard,
Managing System Engineer
1900 Vassar Street, Reno NV 89502
(775) 322-6455 x118
http://www.sierracat.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Cameron B. Prince [mailto:cprince@rideware.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 8:47 AM
To: embperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: Single Form - Multiple Destinations

Hi,

I have a page that has a form with multiple submit buttons. Two of the
buttons should and do only cause the page to refresh. The third button
however, needs to cause the browser to load a different page.

I'm doing somthing like this on another page with:

   $http_headers_out{'Location'} =
"http://$ENV{HTTP_HOST}$fdat{wwwbase}pages/$fdat{return_page}.html?id=$f
dat{
id}";
   exit 301;

This works okay with a single argument, but the page i'm working on now
has as many as 100 inputs. How can I load the other page and maintain
fdat so the input data is available?

Thanks,
Cameron