perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Cameron McBride <came...@cwru.edu>
Subject Re: Single Form - Multiple Destinations
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:18:45 GMT
On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 08:55:47AM -0700, Sean Howard wrote:
> 	My first instinct on this would be to a javascript onClick()
> event on the button, which triggers a function that changes the form's
> action attribute based on which button they clicked, then submit the
> form.  The function would look something like:
>
> function subform(destination){
> 	document.myform.action=destination;
> 	document.myform.submit();
> }
>
> 	This is probably going to be much easier than futzing with http
> headers...

This would add some client side dependency for the form to function.
Definately something to consider.  Normally, I restrict javascript
to add-ons or helpers that *aren't* integral to normal functionality
(aka it can work without it javascript enabled).

It sounds like this is out (due to size), but could they be different
forms each with its own the submit actions?

Another idea is perhaps having one page that intercepts the form, but
call's an Execute() on sub pages for different functions (refresh and
the other option).

Cameron (but a different one)