perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Access to %udat in epocgi.pl
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:25:37 GMT
Hi,

>I want to compress the output of the calculated page with gzip. I
>changed the epocgi.pl with a few lines. There is no problem to compress
>the output, But I also want to use the cookie session handling and I
>cannot find a solution. Can I access the embperl cookie header or how
>can I access the %udat to get the _session_id in epocgi.pl?

The problem is that when you come back from Embperl::Object::Execute %udat
is already gone (saved to session store). The only idea I have at the
moment, in case you need read only access, is to put the content you need in
some global inside your base template:

$Session::myvar = $udat{myvar} ;

and use that global in you epocgi.pl. (note to put it in a separete
namespace to avoid auto cleanup)

Gerald