perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Cameron B. Prince" <cpri...@rideware.com>
Subject Passing A Hash Ref From One .epl To Another
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:48:09 GMT
Hi,

In one of my pages I have a block at the top that calls a custom package
I've created. This package returns a reference to a hash of hashes. This
page has two output blocks. Each loops over one of the embedded hashes. This
is working fine.

Now, I need to create another page that will only use one of these output
blocks. Rather than having the same code in two pages, I would like to break
out this block into it's own .epl file and just Execute it from the two
pages. The deal is, I don't want to call the package from both the page and
the .epl file.

Is there anyway to pass a reference to one of the embedded hashes to the
.epl file as it's called from one of the two pages?

I've been trying some like this from the docs:

Execute ({inputfile => $filename, param => $href }) ;

But when I do, I get: [Wed May 21 22:51:38 2003] [notice] child pid 2166
exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Is what I'm trying to do possible?

Thanks,
Cameron