perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Harald Becker" <harald.bec...@webscope.de>
Subject RE: Access to %udat in epocgi.pl
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:12:19 GMT

> The problem is that when you come back from
> Embperl::Object::Execute %udat is already gone (saved to
> session store). The only idea I have at the moment, in case
> you need read only access, is to put the content you need in
> some global inside your base template:
>
> $Session::myvar = $udat{myvar} ;
>
> and use that global in you epocgi.pl. (note to put it in a
> separete namespace to avoid auto cleanup)

Thank you. It works now.

But I've found some possible misbehave with the cookie management in
Embperl.
I've sent the cookie string myself and made a mistake (Set-Cookie: E:xxx
instead of E=xxx)
If I use the original epocgi.pl and set EMBPERL_COOKIE_NAME to 'E' the
%ENV entry for HTTP_COOKIE is

"HTTP_COOKIE" => E:375afe2130e5741a270b95ef27377d2d;
E=ea2251e45914b9af09a0e4b65837024a;
EMBPERL_UID=4133d8db9443d581db8f706c8c5a6831

There are three session ids (thats ok), but Embperl cannot not extract
the session id for 'E' (the cookie management generates new session ids
every time I reload the page). It works fine if I not set the
EMBPERL_COOKIE_NAME.
I think Emberpl parse the cookie in a wrong way not /E=(.*?);/. It only
takes the last cookie var entry, that is EMBPERL_UID=...

Is there a trick to reset the cookie entry, so I can get rid of unused
cookie entries ?
Or must I do it in two steps (sent page with cookie expires yesterday
and reload page and sent correct cookie entry) ?

Harald