perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Ed Grimm <edgr...@dsblade00.wat.us.ray.com>
Subject Re: Testing 2.x with production 1.x code
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:34:19 GMT
I haven't looked at the transition yet, but your worrying example
doesn't seem too worying to me.

$req_rec = $req->apache_req()

I suspect there are three kinds of changes:

1. Changes that work in both.
2. Changes (like the above) which can be made compatible fairly easily,
by people other than Gerald.
3. Changes which would need more effort to implement a compatability
mode to handle.

I'd suggest we probably want to handle as much of the second case as we
can, because I feel Gerald's time is at a premium.  After we've narrowed
the incompatabilities we cannot handle to a minimal set, submit our
compatability mode settings to him for review, and list the others we
know about that we can't handle.

Disclaimer: I don't have time to assist with this much yet.

Ed