perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Edouard Lagache" <lagac...@canebas.org>
Subject Embperl happy with SpeedyCGI (Re: Embperl::Execute within FastCGI app?)
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 04:07:12 GMT
Dear Gerald (and Embperl users,)

Thanks for getting back to me on this and glad to see 2.0b9!! :-)

No rush on this problem.  I won't doing anything with FastCGI for at
least a month.  FYI though, ... my e-card application that uses Embperl
(Penguin Greetings) runs just great using SpeedyCGI <http://
www.daemoninc.com/SpeedyCGI/>.  While lacking as much configuration
controls, it is much easier to use and just about any script can use it.
 All you need to do to use a standard CGI script as a SpeedyCGI script is
to swap the /usr/bin/perl at the top with /usr/bin/speedy !!  I haven't
tried embpcgi.pl with SpeedyCGI, but since Penguin Greetings makes
basically the same calls, I assume it would work too.

Another trick to throw into the toolbox!

Peace, Edouard :-)

Edouard Lagache
Lead Developer, Penguin Greetings
http://pgreet.sourceforge.net/