perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "David J. Mark" <...@purefusion.com>
Subject Re: Permission denied in Semaphore.pm
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 20:40:43 GMT
I had this problem and search for answers on the mail lists. I realized
the issue was a permission issue, but couldn't figure out why it was
happening.

The cause of my permission error was that I had built the distribution
as root on my server, then started up apache. apache runs as a non-root
user, and effectively couldn't access the root-owned memory space that
was used during the test phase of installation. My solution was to
simply remove the temp files (or semephores if you were using shared
memory to lock).

DJM:>