perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Gerardo Schimpf <sch...@bibleinfo.com>
Subject Permission denied in Semaphore.pm
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 20:25:48 GMT
Hi there!

We're trying to get embperl sessions with mysql working...
We have 2 servers with the same basic configuracion. One works the
other
doesn't. On the one that doesn't, we're getting the following error
message from an embperl test page which attempts to access the %udat
hash:

 [26980]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: Permission denied at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/Session/Lock/File.pm line 62.

 Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b
DAV/1.0.3 PHP/4.1.2 mod_perl/1.26 HTML::Embperl 1.3.4 [Thu Jun 19
11:03:55 2003]

Here is the offending server's configuration.

RedHat 7.3
mysql-3.23.54a-3.73
embperl 1.3.4
mod_perl-1.26-5
perl-5.6.1-34.99.6
Apache 1.3.27
with these perl modules:

DBI-1.30
MD5-1.7
Apache-Session-1.54

The working server has exactly the same software versions as the above.
This is the configuration files for the server that is working :-)

FILE httpd.conf (just the embperl part)

SetEnv EMBPERL_LOG /tmp/embperl
#SetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 2285
SetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 0

<Files *.epl>
        SetHandler  perl-script
        PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
        Options     ExecCGI
</files>

and this is the FILE srm.conf

 PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "MySQL Semaphore"
 PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS
"DataSource=DBI:mysql:database=contactdb:sessions;host=<ip address>
UserName=internal Password=<secret>"
 PerlModule HTML::Embperl

This is the configuration files for the server that is NOT working :-(

FILE httpd.conf (just the embperl part)

SetEnv EMBPERL_LOG /tmp/embperl
SetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 2285
#SetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 0
<Files *.epl>
        SetHandler  perl-script
        PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
        Options     ExecCGI
</files>

and this is the FILE srm.conf

PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "MySQL Semaphore"
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS
"DataSource=DBI:mysql:database=interdb:sessions;host=localhost
UserName=gerardo Password=secret"
PerlModule HTML::Embperl

We've torn our hair out on this for a week now, and are not sure where
to proceed from there. We saw in the mailing some ideas but no
definitive answers. Would you be able to offer any suggestions? Thanks.

Gerardo.