perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Michael Boudreau <mboudr...@press.uchicago.edu>
Subject Re: emperl not writing to log file
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 15:05:45 GMT
On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 05:20  PM, Andrew O'Brien wrote:

> Those lines don't directly control what gets written to the embperl
> logfile, they merely set up the pretty log viewing capabilities.
>
> What have you changed in the rest of your config?

Nothing, to my knowledge. We did copy the old config file into a new
apache installation.

> I'm guessing that you have set EMBPERL_DEBUG to 0 (zero) or similar
> ... or removed a previous EMBPERL_DEBUG setting. See
> http://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/doc/doc13/HTML/Embperl.-page-4-
> .htm#sect_16 for your options for this setting.

We've been setting this variable via the .htaccess files of different
directories (to get different levels of logging for different embperl
projects), which has always worked.

It turns out that our sysadmin has recently rebuilt Embperl (1.3.6) to
work with the version of Apache (1.3.26) on the server (Solaris 8,
apache in /usr/local/apache with config file in /etc/apache). Are there
any parameters set during building that could affect whether the log
file is used or not?

Michael R. Boudreau
Senior Electronic Publishing Developer
The University of Chicago Press