perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Aaron Johnson <solut...@gina.net>
Subject Re: EmbPerl-2.0.b8 make test fails on escape.htm line 191
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 20:23:53 GMT
On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 15:31, Bryan Thale wrote:
> I'm trying to build EmbPerl 2.0b8 on a RH 9.0 system running Perl 5.8.0,
> Apache 2.0.40, & mod_perl 1.99_07-5. make test fails during the testing
> of offline mode at #35 escape.htm
>
> >#35 escape.htm...
> >Error in Line 191
> >Is:	><a href="0?$where=interface.router_id=router.id&amp;!Table=interface,router"><
> >Should:	><a href="0?!Table=interface,router&amp;$where=interface.router_id=router.id"><
> >
> > ERRORS detected! NOT all test have been passed successfully
> >

> I'm painfuly aware of the RH 9.0 Perl 5.8.0 unicode problem and have set
> LANG=C in my environment which has allowed me to install the various
> modules mentioned on the Embperl Install page, (URI, HTML::Parser,
> etc.). I've attached the tail end of the test.log file that seems to
> encompass the line with the error in the hope that it might mean
> something to someone. There is no mention of escape.htm in the
> test.err.log file. Is there anywhere else I can look for clues as to
> what is wrong?

2.0.b8 does not work correctly under 5.8 Perl
You will need to get the latest stable version from CVS.

Please see:
http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/embperl/

You can download snapshots there.

Please review the archives for this list on more information pertaining
to the issue with 5.8 and how to build from CVS.

Aaron