perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Cameron B. Prince" <cpri...@rideware.com>
Subject RH 9.0 RPMs - Query Results Question
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 02:27:16 GMT

Hi,

I recently begain converting my project from Red Hat Interchange to mod_perl
w/ Embperl. I am a former Red Hat employee where I worked on the Interchange
team for about 2 years. I really like Interchange, but I've reached a point
in my project where it's in some ways, more than I need and in others,
lacking features I need.

I started by creating RPM's for Embperl. These are for a stock RH9
distribution:

ftp://ftp.rideware.com/perl_modules/threaded/perl-HTML-Embperl-2.0b9-8.i386.
rpm
ftp://ftp.rideware.com/perl_modules/srpm/perl-HTML-Embperl-2.0b9-8.src.rpm

After using Perl with Interchange for many years, using Embperl is pretty
intuitive. I'm making good progress but I've ran into a snag and I'm not
sure of the best way to proceed.

I have a page that has a single query... The problem is, the query produces
several hundred, and in some cases, thousand results. In Interchange, there
is a function called a more-list. It saves the results in the user's session
and then produces links to additional results similar to Google. I need to
duplicate this functionality with Embperl.

Could anyone supply ideas or example code of how to do this?

Thanks,
Cameron