perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Angus Lees <...@inodes.org>
Subject Re: HTML table process from internal code
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:29:35 GMT
At Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:30:29 -0500, david wrote:
> I have some modules which produce HTML code which is stored in a scalar
> and displayed with as the return value of a [+ +]
>
> It might look something like this
> [+ $obj->gettable +]
>
> If the code being returned to the page is a table, will it get re-evaluated
> by the embperl engine to expand tables?

No.

> Will it do so with all escmode?

It will continue not to do so for all escmodes.

If you want Embperl to execute your generated code, consider something
like this:

[- Execute({input => $obj->gettable, inputfile => 'mycode'}) -]

See the docs for other possible values, in particular you will want to
look at the effect of "inputfile" and "mtime" on caching.

--
 - Gus