perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Edouard Lagache" <lagac...@canebas.org>
Subject Embperl::Execute with your variables?
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 01:14:13 GMT
Dear EmbPerl veterans,

I'm trying to incorporate EmbPerl into a web-based greeting card program,
and I would like allow card designers to have access to about 25+
variables from the main script in their HTML templates.

I thought I could use something like this from the example file Execute.pl:

    $MyPackage::Interface::Var = 'Some Var' ;

    Embperl::Execute ({input		=> \'<P>Transfer some vars [+ $Var +] !</P>',
						 inputfile	=> 'Var',
						 mtime      => 1,
						 'package'  => 'MyPackage::Interface',
						 req_rec    => $r}) ;

However, I'm puzzled by the use of the option key 'inputfile' and can't
see how to specify more than one variable - never mind 25!  Has someone
messed around with this feature and would have some examples in between
this one and just reading the .pm source code? :-)

Peace, Edouard :-)

Edouard Lagache, Sysadmin
canebas.org
elagache@canebas.org