perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: how to install Embperl with Apache2
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 15:15:12 GMT
On Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Peter Pan wrote:

> I tried to install Embperl 2.08b on Win/2000 with Apache 2.0
> and ActivePerl-5.8.0.804-MSWin32-x86.msi. I was asked where
> Apache source is and don't know how to answer it, because I
> have entire httpd-2.0.44 source tree but don't know how to make
> required "ApacheCore.lib" out of it.
>
> Could you please instruct me how to go on installing Embperl
> fro here? Thanks a lot.

Assuming you have Visual C++ 6, what you should do is first build
Apache 2.0 from the sources and install it (eg, to C:\Apache2).
Then do the same for mod_perl 2.0. Instructions for doing this
are found in the docs at http://httpd.apache.org/ and
http://perl.apache.org/, respectively. Then, when you run 'perl
Makefile.PL' for Embperl, give the C:\Apache2 directory as the
location for these sources. At the moment this Makefile.PL then
asks for ApacheCore.lib, which is from mod_perl 1.0, so it's
getting mixed up a bit between mod_perl 1 and 2; this'll have to
be fixed first before proceeding.

--
best regards,
randy kobes