perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Ask Bjoern Hansen <...@develooper.com>
Subject Re: Serve pdf files.
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 01:49:14 GMT
On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:

> Solution 1. Open a window with JavaScript. Write to the window with one or
> more window.document.write statements.
> Backdraw: A lot of effort has to be put into escaping pdf characters that
> could annoy JavaScript

And it could never work; unless the browser natively could figure
out to show the PDF file.   It needs to be in a separate document.

> Solution 2: Put the file somewhere where I can use an URL.
> Backdraw: I have to maintain some kind of temporary directory and unique
> file names.

The directory or file does not necessarily have to exist.

Try writing more about what you are trying to do instead of how you
thought you would do it.  :-)

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/ !try; do();