perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Kaare Rasmussen" <...@kakidata.dk>
Subject Serve pdf files.
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:12:11 GMT
I would like to serve some pdf documents with Embperl. I don't want Apache
to do it if I can avoid it.
I can't just put "$http_headers_out{'Content-Type'} = 'application/pdf';"
at the top; this is in the middle of an EmbperlObject page that has more
work to do.

Solution 1. Open a window with JavaScript. Write to the window with one or
more window.document.write statements.
Backdraw: A lot of effort has to be put into escaping pdf characters that
could annoy JavaScript
Solution 2: Put the file somewhere where I can use an URL.
Backdraw: I have to maintain some kind of temporary directory and unique
file names.
Solution 3: EmbPerl will help me somehow

Howitzvej 75               Åben 12.00-18.00        Web:      www.suse.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 12.00-16.00       Email:kar@kakidata.dk