perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Edouard Lagache" <lagac...@canebas.org>
Subject epmain.c compile error?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:08:57 GMT
Dear "wiser than I" EmbPerl fans,

I have been playing around with EmbPerl as a standalone tool, but cannot
seem to coax the critter to work with Apache 2.0.44 and mod_perl 1.99_08.
 This is on a RedHat LINUX 8.0 machine, but upgraded to kernel 2.4.20,
running gcc 3.2, and Perl 5.8.0 built from source.

I've gotten mod_perl to build and install okay.  Apache doesn't crash and
burn when you load the module.  Also, compiling EmbPerl 2.0.8b without
mod_perl support works fine.  However, when trying to build EmbPerl, the
compiler chokes with the following:

  epmain.c:906: syntax error before '*' token
  epmain.c:907: `table_entry' undeclared (first use in this function)
  epmain.c:907: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
  epmain.c:907: for each function it appears in.)
  epmain.c:907: `hdrs' undeclared (first use in this function)
  epmain.c:909: `hdrs_arr' undeclared (first use in this function)
  epmain.c:910: parse error before ')' token
  make: *** [epmain.o] Error 1

When I peek into this code, I see it thick in #ifdefs and other
compilation "adjustments."  Should some symbol be "defed" or "undefed" to
get this beastie past this point ... so I can break it in some new way!

Thanks in advance for any Perls of wisdom! :-)

Peace, Edouard :-)