perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kee Hinckley <naz...@somewhere.com>
Subject Re: How to execute an epl as if url parms were passed?
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:00:21 GMT
At 5:29 PM -0800 1/22/03, Scott Chapman wrote:
>On Wednesday 22 January 2003 12:43 pm, you wrote:
>>  At 10:23 AM -0800 1/22/03, Scott Chapman wrote:
>>  >The URL parameters (?key=value....) are not passed in to fdat with a form
>>  > POST method.  I don't want them to go into fdat when I do an execute
>>  > either.  They need to be passed to execute as key=value parameters just
>>  > as if the page were being hit from the web with the same parameters.
>>
>>  You've lost me here.
>>
>>  First of all, are we talking about HTML::Embperl::Execute, or are you
>>  actually running a program that you want to have read parameters from
>>  STDIN?
>>
>>  POST certainly sets %fdat normally.  And the values are available to
>>  any Embperl::Execute subroutines directly.
>
>Quote from Gerald:
>
>>Embperl passes the URL parameters in %fdat. That's what it always did. Only
>>if you have POST data (from a form) and URL parameters, you only get the
>>POST data in %fdat

Ah.  Right.  I've never been able to determine from any spec what is
supposed to be done if there is both POST *and* GET data.  Just
taking the POST seems as good as any solution.

>Yes, I'm using HTML::Embperl::Execute.  How do I pass URL parameters to it
>just like it was receiving data from a browser?  Do I just :
>
>[- Execute "/www/htdocs/page.epl?key=$value" -]

That's what I was trying to say with my hurried example.  From the
documentation it looks like you should be able to say:

Execute({ inputfile => "/www/htdocs/page.epl", $fdat => {key =>
$value}, $ffld -> ['key']});

--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
Business: http://consulting.somewhere.com/