perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Ville Jungman" <ville_jung...@hotmail.com>
Subject At last the session handling is working
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 23:16:01 GMT
Tervehdys!

At last I got the session(X) handling and %udat working after several _days_
of cpanning and perl module examining (not easy because I'm very new linux
and perl user).

The solution was very easy: I just added (and chmoded) directories
/var/sessions/ and /var/lock/sessions/ like written in Apache::File.pm. Also
I have to add http-daemon to store sessions via Apache::Session::File (or
"use Apache::Session::File" in perl).

I had the same problem with other machine too. Both have RH8.0. Could it be
better that when using %udat, you could read from /var/log/httpd/error.log
what is the reason for this in straight english? I think the Embperl is
great! but almost useless if session handling is not working.

Someone else in this list had problems with session handling, too. Hope this
will help he/she or someone else who has problems with %udat's later.

ville jungman, ulvilantie 3 b 11, 00350 helsinki, finland
tel. + 358 - 9 - 225 4482 , http://www.kolumbus.fi/vilmak
usko Herraan Jeesukseen, niin sinš pelastut. (apt. 16:31)