perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Deva" <Alexandru.D...@connex.ro>
Subject RE: session records bulding up
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:52:54 GMT
Thank you, that worked great. Now all I have to do is make a cron job to
clean up.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerald Richter [mailto:richter@ecos.de]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 9:50 PM
To: Alexandru Deva; embperl@perl.apache.org; Keith Watanabe
Subject: Re: session records bulding up

>I think though, from the looks of the documentation, you have to manage

>the
lifespan of the sessions on the server side yourself

Yes unfortunately you have to

>One more way which is probably evil but better overall, imo, is to add
field to the session table with the timestamp

Adding a field should work. Mysql can use a default value on insert. If
you set the default to now() mysql should automaticly insert the date
and time and you should be done

Gerald

The content of this communication is classified as Mobifon SA Romania Confidential and Proprietary
Information.The content of this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking
any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by responding to this communication then delete it from your system. We appreciate your assistance
in preserving the confidentiality of our correspondence. Thank you.

Prezentul mesaj constituie o Informatie confidentiala si este proprietatea exclusiva a  MobiFon
S.A.. Mesajul se adreseaza numai persoanei fizice sau juridice mentionata ca destinatara,
precum si altor persoane autorizate sa-l primeasca. In cazul in care nu sunteti destinatarul
vizat, va aducem la cunostinta ca dezvaluirea, copierea, distribuirea sau initierea unor actiuni
pe baza prezentei informatii sunt strict interzise si atrag raspunderea civila si penala.
Daca ati primit acest mesaj dintr-o eroare, va rugam sa ne anuntati imediat, ca raspuns la
mesajul de fata, si sa-l stergeti apoi din sistemul dvs. Apreciem si va multumim pentru sprijinul
acordat in pastrarea confidentialitatii corespondentei noastre.