perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Keith Watanabe <keith.watan...@g3s.com>
Subject Re: question on multipart forms and %fdat
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:53:15 GMT

>Embperls handles file uploads trough CGI.pm this way when you use
>"multipart" forms the file fields are converted in file handles.
>
>In the code bellow it seems that your are reading from the wrong
>variable in your object:

actually the thing is that the way my controller handles things, it doesn't
even make the upload call (because it relies on hidden fields that tells
other objects what to instantiate).  The main problem i'm seeing is that
%fdat only returns " name" and " filename" keys back.  If I have more than
one form field say hidden fields and text fields, those aren't
returned.  Here's an example form i wrote up:

<head>
<title>test</title>
</head>
<form method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<input type="file" name="image">
<input type="text" name="junk1">
<input type="hidden" name="junk2" value="garbage">
<input type="hidden" name="junk3" value="garbage">
<input type="submit" name="act" value="submit">
<ul>
fdat: [+ %fdat +]<br>
[$ foreach $item keys %fdat $]
<li>item: "[+ $item +]" is "[+ $fdat{$item} +]"<br>
[$ endforeach $]
</ul>
</form>

When I attempt to iterate through %fdat, here's the type of output i receive:

fdat: 2/8
item: " name" is ""image""
item: " filename" is ""02071908max_NK116718_b.jpg" Content-Type: image/jpeg
ÿØÿà"

(where 02071908max_NK116718_b.jpg is the file upload I'm trying to deal
with).  What I want to know is what happens to my other form info like
junk1, junk2, and junk3?  When I remove the method="post" part, all of the
fields are displayed correctly.  the expected output should've at least
included the hidden and text fields in addition to the file.  i'm not
really sure what to make of this.

thanks!

-keith