perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Hoenie Luk <aired...@theearth.com>
Subject Re: Posting data when redirecting to a page
Date Wed, 01 Jan 2003 23:42:13 GMT
Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, the $msg I wanted to pass is very long. If I use the GET
method, the URL will look very messy and it may even not work because of
the length.

I did figure out I can do the same redirecting function with Execute:

         [-
         $msg = "WARNING: no action was taken and much more......";
         Execute('acc_admin.htm',$msg);
         exit;
         -]

In this way, the flow is redirected to 'acc_admin.htm' and $msg is passed
to the new page. But there is one problem: The URL on the top part of the
browser remains that of the calling page, not the redirected page
(acc_admin.htm). That looks quite confusing to me. Is there some way to fix
the URL displayed to be the redirected page?

Thanks.

.......Hoenie