perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro" <l...@engenhosolucoes.com.br>
Subject Re: HTML tags in hash
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:50:53 GMT
Em 22 Jan 2003 10:29:43 -0500
Farouk Khawaja <fkhawaja@Instinet.Com> escreveu:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to do the following
>
> $req->{msg} = "some text <br> some more text";
>
> Unfortunately the '<br>' is not breaking.  It's just getting
> displayed. The HTML output looks like '&lt;br&gt;'.  Any ideas on how
> I can accomplish this... or if this is a dumb way to go about this.
>
> I've tried escaping like so "\<br\>" to no avail.

If you are using double quotes you have to use double escapes. If you
don't have any variable inside the value use single quotes and it should
work:
$req->{msg} = 'some text \<br> some more text';

And don't forget the [+ local $escmode=0; ... +] in the output block.

Regards,

Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro
Engenho Soluções para a Internet