perl-embperl mailing list archives

From da...@mrbrklyn.com
Subject Re: Linux World Expo
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2003 19:17:06 GMT
Dear Free Software People

I am writing to you on behalf of the New York GNU Linux Scene.   We
cordially invite you to:

The Annual NYLXS Fundraiser Dinner on Friday, January 24th at 7:00pm on the
final night of the Linux World Expo.

Guest Speakers are:

Richard Stallman: Founder of the Free Software Foundation hand head of
project GNU

and

Don Marti: Editor of the (GNU) Linux Journal and a free software advocate.

NYLXS is a Non-profit team of volunteers dedicated for the education and
advocacy of free software.  Our organization has many components including:
the Free Software Institute: classes in all aspects of free software; The
Free Software Chamber of Commerce: supporting and promoting free software
users in business through our membership network; and The Free Software
School Project: getting free software in the school systems.  Classes at the
Institute begin in late January.  Come by our booth, #15 at the expo.

All the funds for this event will go to the development of the Free Software
Institute.  The dinner will cost $75/person.

There will be a Special Dinner Journal for this event.
Advertising costs are as follows:  Platinum: $5000,  Gold: $2500, Full Page:
$1000,  Half-page: $500,  Quarter-page: $250, Eigth-page:$150

If you advertise in the journal, we have a special deal for you:

Purchases $250 or more for Dinner Journal Ads and get 2 seats for the dinner
and a NYLXS membership.

It¹s a great opportunity to hangout with Richard Stallman - Live and in
person, hear a discussion on Free Software in City Government, and to
contribute to a good cause.

This event will be held at the Killarney Rose - 80 Beaver Street, Manhattan
NY

To RSVP please email president@nylxs.com