perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Kaare Rasmussen" <...@kakidata.dk>
Subject <TR> as outer block (and recipes)
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 13:02:13 GMT
I know this may be a stupid posting, because I've touched the topic before.
But I keep running into this problem and I think I remember that you
(Gerald) told that you would fix the problem I reported (rows with <TH>
cells).

I've written some sub routines to handle data list and data entry tables. I
need this construction a lot of the time:

 some <th> cells
[$if something$]
[$elsif some other thing$]
[$endif$]
 some fixed rows at the end

So obviously I'd like the tags <tr></tr> to be the enclosing entity for
which a recurring action shuld take place. At least as an option.

Another options is of course to program it myself in Perl, but I like to use
the power of the tools I work with, and automatic iteration is one of
Embperls strength.

(Maybe) on another note, I'd like to know more about how to use recipes. Or
rather: For what. Obviuosly it's a very nice solution. But I can't figure
out for which problem. Will I be better off using a recipe than the above
mentioned subroutine components?

Right now I find data in my epl files and then I pass it on together with a
hash containing information about how to display and process the fields to a
subroutine. Getting back from this subroutine I call the update routines.

Will recipes be a better way and if so, why? If not, where can I put recipes
to good use?

Howitzvej 75               Åben 12.00-18.00        Web:      www.suse.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 12.00-16.00       Email:kar@kakidata.dk