perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro" <l...@engenhosolucoes.com.br>
Subject Re: Posting data when redirecting to a page
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 13:02:01 GMT
Em Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:29:15 -0800
Hoenie Luk <airedale@theearth.com> escreveu:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a beginner's question.
>
> I'm trying to redirect the program flow to another .htm page using
> $http_headers_out{Location} but I also want to pass a message ($msg)
> to the new page using POST method.
>
> [-
> $msg = "Error saving data #53: really really long explanation....";
> $http_headers_out{Location}="acc_admin.htm";
> exit;
> -]
>
> What's the best way to do that?

Hi,

When using redirection with http headers the best way is to store the
message in the session (%udat) and retrieve the message later.

Maibe you can redirect the output using an [$ if ... $] statement
followed by an Execute to the other page, this way you can pass the $msg
variable easily in the @param array.

Regards,

Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro
Engenho Soluções para a Internet