perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Farouk Khawaja <fkhaw...@Instinet.Com>
Subject Can't locate object method "TIEHASH"
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:14:08 GMT
Hello all,

I'm having all kinds of problems with sessions... here goes.

The error message when using the embperl 2.08b default behavior
(Apache::SessionX):
=================
[Tue Jan 14 10:52:53 2003] [error] [24539]ERR:  24:  Error in Perl code:
Permission denied at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/Session/Lock/Semaphore.pm line 92.
[Tue Jan 14 10:52:53 2003] [error] Permission denied at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/Session/Lock/Semaphore.pm line 92.
=================
The line referenced in 'Semaphore.pm' is trying to create a semaphore.
I'm not sure where in the filesystem though.

The error message when using the 'old' behavior (Apache::Session):
======================
[24769]ERR:  66:  Embperl Session handling DISABLED because of the
following error: Can't locate object method "TIEHASH" via package
"Embperl::Session" (perhaps you forgot to load "Embperl::Session"?) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/Embperl/Object.pm line 130.

Set EMBPERL_SESSION_HANDLER_CLASS to 'no' to avoid this message.
======================

The odd thing is that %udat works for a little while when using the old
method.  But after a couple minutes of inactivity, values stored in
%udat are gone.

I've install Apache::Session 1.54 without incident.
I had to modify MD5.pm for Apache::SessionX 2.00b3.  I had trouble
running make test.  Changed lines from 'use MD5' ==> 'use Digest::MD5'
as mentiond by G. Richter in a posting last year.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
--
Farouk Khawaja <fkhawaja@instinet.com>
Instinet Corporation

<<Disclaimer>>

may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or
CONFIDENTIAL or both.

This email is intended only for the personal and confidential use
of the recipient(s) named above.

If the reader of this email is not an intended recipient, you have
received this email in error and any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.

immediately by return mail and permanently deleting the copy
you received.

Thank you.