perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Aaron Johnson <solut...@gina.net>
Subject Re: Session and redirect oddity
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 06:00:18 GMT
On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 00:39, Gerald Richter wrote:

> Could you try without the EXPIRES setting? Embperl 2.0 for now only accepts
> absolut times. It doesn't convert relativ times to absolute ones and +30m is
> not valid to send in a cookie. Maybe this is the problem....

Sorry for the slow reply, just back from my vacation.  I removed the
expires, but the behavior remains the same.

> > > ok, so Embperl tries to send the cookie. Please tell your browser to ask
> > > whenever to accept a cookie. That should show you if the cookie is
> really
> > > send to your browser or not
> > >

> > The cookie is being sent on the first page requested corrected.  However
> > after I login the page that seems to send the second cookie doesn't ask
> > to send the cookie and the old cookie data is lost.
> >

> Embperl always sends the cookie only once, but the browser should send it
> back everytime.
>
> To force Embperl to resend the cookie, you can call
> [-
> $r = shift ;
> $r -> RefreshSession ;
> -]

I added this and it seems to have helped.  I added it on the initial
page the user is taken to as well as the login page.  I hope to have
time to test more throughly this week.

Thanks.

Aaron