perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Ulrike Schepp <sch...@dark.lahn.de>
Subject Re: embperl hosting
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 05:05:04 GMT
Hi Carlos, Hi folks!

On 8 Dec 2002, Carlos Kassab wrote:

> Do you know where to get embperl hosting on the internet?.

In Germany there is "1&1" http://www.einsundeins.de. They have
rootservers for 49 EUR/USD per month with 2GB traffic per month
included. They are preconfigured with SuSe Linux. They are not really
for hosting tousands of big commercial domains which have thousands of
visitors per day - but you can wonderfully host a bunch of private or
small commercial domains there. Because you are root on that machine,
you can install everything you have an idea for.

I'm in a club ( http://www.lahn.de ) and we have our club server
there. Because we have some interested people, we have not only embperl
installed but also a tomcat server, Zope and mysql... and till now it
works well with about 30 domains for 20 people:

Maybe there are in .mx providers like here in Germany - and if not,
maybe you can rent a server in Germany

HTH
Ulrike
--
* NAMES: Ulrike Schepp                    COMMERCIALS: Schepp Softwaredesign
* EMAIL: schepp@dark.lahn.de (priv.)      schepp@schepp-softwaredesign.de