perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "James Ponder" <james.pon...@db.com>
Subject embperl 2.0b8 fastcgi
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 15:31:06 GMT
Hi,

Having had great success with embperl 2.0b8 under solaris and linux using Embperl::Object,
but with everything being just a bit too slow for us (we have to use CGI as we need everything
secure with individual user ids), I've decided to try using it with FastCGI.

Unfortunately something isn't quite working right, the main log shows:

[Fri Dec  6 06:19:32 2002] [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server "/vhosts/dwdef03/cgi-bin/embpcgi.fcgi"
(uid 11064, gid 11008) started (pid 8632)
[8304]ERR:  24:  Error in Perl code: Can't locate object method "enforce_group" via package
"Embperl::Req" (perhaps you forgot to load "Embperl::Req"?) at /vhosts/dwdef03/htdocs/index.html
line 3.

The top part of index.html is:

[-
  $req = shift;
  $gdat = $req->enforce_group(group => 'config');
  $site = $req->site();
  sub page { 'site configuration' }
-]

And enforce_group comes from base.epl which is defined using a [$ sub enforce_group $] block.

Perhaps FastCGI with Embperl::Object hasn't been tested, or perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Best wishes, James
--
James Ponder

in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.