perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Alexander Hartmaier" <Alexander.Hartma...@t-systems.at>
Subject Antwort: Re: Embperl on RedHat 8.0
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 10:31:55 GMT

Hi!

I tries the snapshot
http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/embperl/embperl_20021202113201.tar.gz
and the CVS version as described @ http://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/CVS.htm

After the 2 statements I execute 'perl Makefile.PL':

[root@nac1 embperl]# perl Makefile.PL
Found mod_perl 2.0
Build with support for Apache mod_perl?(y/n) [y]
Searching for Apache sources...
Look at ..
Look at ../src
Look at ./src
Apache source not found, enter path name or q to quit []/usr/include/httpd
Searching for Apache sources...
Look at /usr/include/httpd
Use /usr/include/httpd as Apache source(y/n) [y]
Will use /usr/include/httpd for Apache Headers
Enter path and file to start as httpd [/usr/include/httpd/httpd]/usr/sbin/httpd
Apache Version Server version: Apache/2.0.40
 + Load dynamic module mod_actions.c
   (/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_actions.so)
 + Load dynamic module mod_cgi.c
   (/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_cgi.so)
 + Load dynamic module mod_alias.c
   (/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_alias.so)
 + Load dynamic module mod_env.c
   (/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_env.so)
 + Load dynamic module mod_perl.c
   (/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_perl.so)
 + Load dynamic module mod_mime.c
   (/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_mime.so)
 + Load dynamic module mod_dir.c
   (/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_dir.so)
 + mod_perl was build with USE_DSO
Test start /usr/sbin/httpd
Test httpd will run as user nobody and group root
Test httpd will listen on port 8531
Found mod_perl  Version 1.9905
Found LWP::UserAgent  Version 2.001
Found HTML::HeadParser  Version 2.17
Found Apache::Session  Version 1.54
Found Apache::SessionX  Version 2.00b3
Found File::Spec  Version 0.83
Found CGI  Version 2.81
Found libxml2 2.4.23 installed under /usr
Cannot execute xslt-config (No such file or directory). libxml2 and libxslt will
not be linked into Embperl
Enter path of XALAN base directory or single dot for not using XALAN [].
Xalan will not be linked into Embperl
Cannot open xs/mmargs.pl (No such file or directory).

If you done a CVS checkout you need to create the sources first by running
xsbuilder/source_scan.pl and xsbuilder/xs_generate.pl.

I found out that I have to install ExtUtils to get the two scripts stated above
to work (maybe I need something else but don't know???).
Because the files have no perl header I have to execute them with 'perl
xsbuilder/source_scan.pl' and 'perl xsbuilder/xs_generate.pl'.

The last message of the output of xs_generate.pl is:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/ExtUtils/XSBuilder/WrapXS.pm line 1177.

After that I execute 'perl Makefile.PL' again with the same answers as before
and there are no error messages.

When I execute 'make' I get this after a few lines:

make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/nac/embperl/embperl/xs'
make[1]: Makefile: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `Makefile'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/nac/embperl/embperl/xs'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 2

Do you know what I'm doing wrong???

THX Alex

richter@ecos.de (Gerald Richter - ecos gmbh) am 03.12.2002 11:04:19