perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro" <l...@engenhosolucoes.com.br>
Subject Re: Importing variables and subrutines from a config and/or subs file, please help..
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2002 12:21:40 GMT
Em 26 Dec 2002 16:34:10 -0600
Carlos Kassab <ckg@glin.com.mx> escreveu:

> Hi:
>

> I have a config file conf.epl and its content is:
>
> [-
> $dbname="mydb";
> $dbusername = "ckg";
> $dbpassword = "clave";
> $stylecss="files/style/style.css";
> -]
>
> In other file i load this file(conf.epl):
>
> [-
>
> Execute ({inputfile => 'conf.epl', import =>1, package
> =>__PACKAGE__});
>
> -]
>
> <LINK REL="StyleSheet" HREF="[+ $stylecss +]" TYPE="text/css">
>
> but sometimes it prints:
>
> <LINK REL="StyleSheet" HREF="" TYPE="text/css">
>
> The problem is that some times the file loads fine and the variables
> are imported, but some times not.
>
> Is there another way to load the config file to import the variables?
>
> I am using Advanced extranet server on a Mandrake Linux 9.0, so i am
> using embperl 1.3.4 and apache server 1.3.26

Hi,

In this case you should use a require or do statement.
Or if you are using mod_perl you can Execute the file and append
the variables to the $req object that is passed in @_ to all pages
executed. If you don't know how to do this I can post some examples.

Regards,

Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro
Engenho Soluções para a Internet