perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Andre Landwehr <andre.landw...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Update ...
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 08:24:34 GMT
On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 01:21:29PM +0530, Rajesh Kumar Mallah. wrote:
> tell me  one thing , if i want to upgrade to Embperl 2.0b8
> from 1.3.4 what catastrope shud i expect?
> do i have to change by code massively?

Most things are in readme.v2, which is delivered along with
embperl2.0b8 and is also available on the web page. Probably the
most time consuming change you have to do is to change every
"print" into "print OUT" (or tying the handle yourself) in case
you use REDIRECT_STDOUT with 1.3.4, at least that was the case
for me. And of course the different configuration in httpd.conf,
but migration is quite easy there.

Andre

--
"The inside of a computer is as dumb as hell, but it goes like mad!"
(Physicist Richard Feynman)