perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro" <l...@engenhosolucoes.com.br>
Subject Re: Session and redirect oddity
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2002 14:07:56 GMT
Em 13 Dec 2002 22:32:33 -0500
Aaron Johnson <solution@gina.net> escreveu:

> I have setup an email that sends users a report URL and the URL
> contains the query string to determine which report to pull.  When
> they go to the page with the query string it uses the session (%udat)
> to hold the information. I then check to see if the user is logged in.
> If the user is logged in they are sent to the correct report page.  If
> the user is not logged in the user is sent to the login page, but for
> some reason the users session values are destroyed and they are given
> a new_session_id when redirected.

Hi,

In the past I had a similar problem and found that the
cookie path was the problem. Use a browser that is able to show you the
cookie received and check the PATH, if it is assigned to the
directory your page is in and your redirection is outside that
directory, your browser you not provide that cookie and you will receive
another one.

Correct it with the EMBPERL_COOKIE_PATH option in your httpd.conf.

Regards,

Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro
Engenho Soluções para a Internet