perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Andre Landwehr <andre.landw...@gmx.net>
Subject Form::Validate hang/leak
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2002 01:33:23 GMT
Hi,
today I tried out Form::Validate on my Apache 1, perl 5.8 installation.
The features look really great, but I have one problem:
As soon as I specify more than one or two tests the apache child
begins to fill my memory quite fast and spams my browser with
megabytes of output while doing so, which effectively forces me
to kill both of them. I tried with Embperl 2.0b8 and with
yesterdays CVS, the behaviour is identical. Whether that error occurs
seems to be partly dependant on the data I enter into the
form (correct data -> normal operation, incorrect data -> bug).

I'd like to know if I'm (again) too stupid to see the obvious or
if there is really a problem...

Here is some sample code:

use Embperl::Form::Validate;
$efv = Embperl::Form::Validate -> new ([
	[
		-key     => 'datum',
		-msg     => 'Bitte Datum eintragen',
		required => 1,
		-msg     => 'Datum &uuml;berpr&uuml;fen',
		matches_regex => '\d+\.\d+\.\d+',
	],
	[
		-key     => 'stunden',
		-msg     => 'Bitte Stunden eintragen',
		required => 1,
		-msg     => 'Stundenzahl nicht numerisch', # fail-msg for
next test
		-type    => 'Number',  # only Number and Default
available
		-msg     => 'Stundenzahl mu&szlig; >0 sein', # fail-msg
for next test
		gt       => 0,
	],
	[
		-key     => 'kommentar',
		-msg     => 'Bitte (sinnvollen) Kommentar eingeben',
		required => 1,
	],
]);
$failures = $efv -> validate_messages ;
if (@$failures) {
	print "<font size="+2">Fehler:</font>";
	foreach $msg (@$failures) {
		print "$msg<br>";
	}
}

Andre

--
"The inside of a computer is as dumb as hell, but it goes like mad!"
(Physicist Richard Feynman)