perl-embperl mailing list archives

From andr...@switchonline.com.au (Andrew O'Brien)
Subject Re: embperl on cygwin
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 02:00:41 GMT
On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 04:59:19PM -0500, Farouk Khawaja wrote:
> I would like to build embperl on cygwin-1.3.17-1.  My question is... Is
> it even possible?
>
> I've already built Apache-1.3.27 with mod_perl-1.27 and it seems to be
> working fine.   Before I go into the problems I'm having, I wanted to
> get feedback.
>
> The archives for this list suggest win32 (Apache/mod_perl/embperl) as
> the better solution, but no one has said embperl on cygwin is not
> possible.  This is not a production environment, I just want to be able
> to develop in a unixish environment on my laptop.

If you want to develop an application using embperl w/ apache 1.3.x
then there's not much reason not to just install the win32 versions
and then do your app development using cygwin.

If, however, you want to tweak embperl or apache (which the only
reason I could see for needing to compile them yourself) then all I
can say is good luck and let everyone know how you go :)

--
 Andrew O'Brien
 Senior Engineer                       email: andrewo@switchonline.com.au.