perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Aaron Johnson <solut...@gina.net>
Subject Re: Session and redirect oddity
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:22:46 GMT
On Sun, 2002-12-15 at 09:07, Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro wrote:
> Em 13 Dec 2002 22:32:33 -0500
> Aaron Johnson <solution@gina.net> escreveu:
>
> > I have setup an email that sends users a report URL and the URL
> > contains the query string to determine which report to pull.  When
> > they go to the page with the query string it uses the session (%udat)
> > to hold the information. I then check to see if the user is logged in.
> > If the user is logged in they are sent to the correct report page.  If
> > the user is not logged in the user is sent to the login page, but for
> > some reason the users session values are destroyed and they are given
> > a new_session_id when redirected.
> >

> Hi,
>
> In the past I had a similar problem and found that the
> cookie path was the problem. Use a browser that is able to show you the
> cookie received and check the PATH, if it is assigned to the
> directory your page is in and your redirection is outside that
> directory, your browser you not provide that cookie and you will receive
> another one.
>
> Correct it with the EMBPERL_COOKIE_PATH option in your httpd.conf.

I had an EMBPERL_COOKIE_PATH entry in the httpd.conf and I changed to
reflect the specific sub directory as well just in case that was the
issue, but the problem persists.  All the pages of the application
(site) are are in the same directory and %udat works correctly on all
the other pages.

I am wondering now if Embperl flushes the udat values if the page is not
completely rendered before a redirect or if that is at least the case in
this instance.  Is there something I send before the redirect to ensure
the session values hold?

How does a redirect and/or an http_headers_out effect udat, primarily if
they used on the first page visited prior to a full page being rendered?
In looking through the source I noticed that Embperl.pm has no
SetupSession currently, just out of curiosity how or when would that be
important?

Aaron