perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Aaron Johnson <solut...@gina.net>
Subject Session and redirect oddity
Date Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:32:33 GMT
I have setup an email that sends users a report URL and the URL contains
the query string to determine which report to pull.  When they go to the
page with the query string it uses the session (%udat) to hold the
information. I then check to see if the user is logged in. If the user
is logged in they are sent to the correct report page.  If the user is
not logged in the user is sent to the login page, but for some reason
the users session values are destroyed and they are given a new
_session_id when redirected.

I have checked the code to ensure that there is no session reset code
and have verified that udat is untouched.

I am using a CGI redirect in an external module to redirect to the login
page.

So in a nutshell

- Embperl assigns _session_id and sets some session info based on the
%fdat content (the udat value is getting checked I am logging the
values)

- Users not logged in are redirected to a login page, at which point
their session information is lost and a new _session_id is being
assigned.

Apache 1.3.27/mod_perl 1.27/Embperl 2.0b9-dev5/Perl 5.8

Aaron Johnson