perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "David G. Williams" <dwilli...@ifmp.nasa.gov>
Subject Behavior of %fdat in embperl2c
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 22:06:20 GMT
I have recently migrated a "legacy" embperl 1.3.4 application to embperl2c
running on Apache2.  Most things run ok with a little bit of tweaking but
there is one annoying difference and it has to do with the behavior of
%fdat.

According to Gerald (and the way that %fdat behaved under 1.3.4):

"If you do not specify a default value for an input tag and a value for that
input tag is available in %fdat, Embperl will automatically insert this
value and send it to the browser. This is similar to the behavior of CGI.pm.
This means that if you post a form to itself, the browser will display the
values you just entered"

My problem is that where my form fields used to automatically display values
from %fdat, now they don't and I find myself writing value="[+
$fdat{fieldname} +]" into my input tags.

Is this a known bug and is there a workaround?
Is it a bug or a feature?

Thanks for your help!