perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kee Hinckley <naz...@somewhere.com>
Subject Re: Embperl::Object and ErrorDocument
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2002 19:34:56 GMT
At 10:33 AM -0200 11/24/02, Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro wrote:
>I use a [$ sub error $] in my base.epl that do do all the error handling
>and in the end it exits with a normal exit;
>
>In my other pages after any eval {}; or other error I call that sub with
>$req->error('tittle', 'page', $error);
>
>It works fine with Embperl 1.3.4.

My EmbperlObject templates check the Execute result (and \@errors)
and if there is an error, they clear it and then executes an error
page.

However that doesn't address the problem of an error in an Execute
several levels down the call chain.  It also runs into problems if
you've done any output before displaying the error page (that's why I
requested recently that the Perl interface be given access to the
ability to clear the current output buffer).
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/

everyone else's.