perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kee Hinckley <naz...@somewhere.com>
Subject Re: @ISA corrupted
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 01:25:22 GMT
Two things.

First of all.  I changed the site over from Embperl to EmbperlObject.
I had done a server restart, but not a full stop and start.  Is it
possible that something could be hanging around causing problems with
that?

Secondly. Fair warning to anyone running a setuid apachectl (as
HostPro/Interland does in their virtual hosting environment).
Running "apachectl restart" is just fine.  But if you every stop the
server and run "apachectl start" the effective uid won't match the
real uid, and when *that* happens--Perl turns on taint checking.
Fortunately their tech support guy on the phone, while not really
believing that it would make a difference for him to run apachectl as
root, was willing to try it, and that got me back up.
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/

I'm not sure which upsets me more; that people are so unwilling to accept
everyone else's.