perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kee Hinckley <naz...@somewhere.com>
Subject Re: @ISA corrupted
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2002 23:47:25 GMT
At 8:33 PM +0100 11/10/02, Gerald Richter wrote:
>First print out the content of @ISA, see what it contains when the page is
>served ok and when it fails. Maybe some other module youare using is
>changeing the @ISA, so it doesn't contains the right values. You might try
>to find out when the error happen. Try to start httpd with -X option, so you
>only have one child. Try to see if it happens always after a special page.
>Do you have normale Embperl pages and EMbperlObject pages in this web? Try
>to mix requests to them. The main point is to make the error reproducablee.

Right this second I have even bigger problems, since when restarting
the server while debugging I decided to do a stop and then a start
instead of a restart and discovered that sometime in the past 60 days
my hosting provider turned on taint checking in mod_perl (at least I
can't find it anywhere in the config files) so now none of my code
runs at all, since there's a lot of "use lib $ENV{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/..."
code.

However...

I can reproduce the problem by sitting at one page and hitting reload
over and over.  Eventually it happens.  Nothing happens inbetween
times on the server (at least not in the mod_perl space--it is a
shared server, and there is a PHP site on it too).

It doesn't happen on my staging server--just at interland.

I'm not mixing the two on this site.  I'll look into it some more,
but first I need to get the site working at all again.
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/

I'm not sure which upsets me more; that people are so unwilling to accept
everyone else's.