perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Lorenzo Gordon" <Lore...@G2Financial.com>
Subject mod_perl, Apache, HTML::Embperl single threaded
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:53:51 GMT

I am developing a web site using Embperl and MySql. The problem I am seeing
is that pages are served single threaded. Some pages take a long time to
execute, e.g. they send multiple emails or have a lot of database access,
and no other pages are served until the first page finishes.

I have Apache 1.3 on a Windows 2000 server.
Mod_perl/1.24_2-dev and Embperl.pm,v 1.131 2000/11/13 05:43:54 richter Exp.

C:\Perl\site\lib\HTML>perl -v

Copyright 1987-2000, Larry Wall

Binary build 623 provided by ActiveState Tool Corp.
http://www.ActiveState.com
Built 16:27:07 Dec 15 2000

Here are the mod_perl lines from httpd.conf
LoadModule perl_module modules/ApacheModulePerl.dll

PerlModule HTML::Embperl
AddType text/html .epl
<FilesMatch ".*\.epl$">
  SetHandler perl-script