perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Jordan Baker <su...@rogers.com>
Subject Embperl::Object and ErrorDocument
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 05:08:09 GMT
Aha, well I discovered something by testing tonite.

I do a couple Execute calls in my base.epl and essentially they hide the error
from the parent process.

So I have to find a way to propogate errors.. perhaps there is an option to
Execute to propogate errors when you call another document but it apparently
does not work in this case... ie. execution will continue.

So my temporary work around is to rethrow the errors I receive in this case...

The only annoying thing is that I need to do this for any file I Execute from
the base.epl and it gets a bit redundant.. which is why it would be nice to
be able to propogate the error back to the top unless you have "errors" set
to something.

my $errs = [];
Execute({inputfile => "*", errors => $errs});
# rethrow error
die join("\n", @$errs) if $errs;

Anyone else using Embperl::Object who has any other advice?? This will help me
in a basic regard anway so I'm mostly happy :)

--
Jordan Baker
jbb@contradix.com