perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Saadiq Rodgers-King <saa...@nyc.rr.com>
Subject Re: Embperl returning no data
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:23:55 GMT
On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 09:21:23AM +0100, Gerald Richter scribbled:

> > Well, you were right.  The httpd was crashing.
>
> Not quite, the backtrace shows:
>
> Program received signal SIGPIPE, Broken pipe.
>
> This is not really a crash, but looks like a timeout (the client stops
> waiting for the repsonse)
>
> Is it possible that the output takes a long time or gets huge?
>
> I recently discoverd a bug in dynamic table handling, which causes sometimes
> tables to explode. Could you try to add
>
> [-
> $maxrow = 2 ;
> $maxcol = 2 ;
> -]
>
> at the top of your page. Does this change anything?

Yes, it does from wget and Phoenix.  It makes the httpd segfaults less
frequent.  When clicking around without your code I can get httpd to
crash pretty consistently.  With the 2 lines you sent added to the top
of the file, I don't see the crashes as often.  Though, if I use shift
refresh in my browser (Phoenix) I can still get it to happen.

On the other hand, tests from IE still see the same frequency of
failure.

Is there a configuration option or maybe a special variable that would
allow me to turn off dynamic table handling?  Maybe that would help me
determine more consistently if the bug you mentioned is my issue.  Or is
that what "$maxrow" and "$maxcol" are for?  Thanks.

Saadiq