perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Saadiq Rodgers-King <saa...@nyc.rr.com>
Subject Embperl returning no data
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 01:49:16 GMT
I've done a little more research on my problem that I mentioned in my
previous email "XP IE specific display issues?".  The problem doesn't
seem to be XP or Windows specific, although it does seem to be more
obvious on that platform.

saadiq@moko:~$ wget -S -O /dev/null --http-user=blah --http-passwd=blah http://www.blah.com/bronze.epl
--20:03:31--  http://www.blah.com/bronze.epl
           => `/dev/null'
Resolving www.blah.com... done.
Connecting to www.blah.com[IP snipped]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
20:03:31 ERROR -1: No data received.

As you can see from the wget output above, periodically, Embperl returns
no data for a page.  In those cases, as I've mentioned before, Apache
doesn't log a request (or any errors).  I've even upgraded Embperl to
the latest in CVS (2.0b9-dev3?) and it has no effect on my problem.

Are there optimizations or configurations I might try?  Or maybe I'm
looking in the wrong place.  Anyone aware of issues with mod_perl like
this?  I'm only ruling out Apache because there doesn't seem to be any
problem with regular html files.

Thanks for any ideas.

Saadiq