perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Jarrod Stenberg <slo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: XML compression?
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 21:18:57 GMT
> To me this looks a lot like Base64 endcoding, which
> is not unsual in
> XML and Web Application context. So type

Thanks.  I actually found where it was occuring,
XML/Generator/DBI.pm line 109:
        foreach (@row) {
            if (defined($_) &&
/[\x00-\x08\x0A-\x0C\x0E-\x19]/) {
                # in foreach loops, $_ is an lvalue!
                $_ = MIME::Base64::encode_base64($_);
            }
        }

The row is the data coming back from the DB handle.
It seems the regex is not quite doing what it intends.
 This data is not binary, but just regular text (as
you found when you decoded it).  I'll probably just
comment out the line that encodes the data since I
won't need to move any binary data anyway.

Thanks for the help.

-Jarrod