perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Neil Gunton <neil.embp...@home.nilspace.com>
Subject Re: 2.0b8: MailFormTo and strange crashes
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2002 18:19:43 GMT
Gerald Richter <richter@ecos.de> wrote:
> > I will forward my httpd.conf to you privately (don't want that "out
> there"!).
> > Perhaps there is something stupid in there...
> >

> The only thing I see which may make trouble is the PerlFreshRestart, but
> this only is a problem when you do a reload. If you stop and start the
> server this does nothing

Hi Gerald, I think I nailed down the conflict. It's either mod_gzip, or .so
modules in general. When I take out this line, apache seems to run ok:

  LoadModule gzip_module libexec/mod_gzip.so

So there seems to be some kind of conflict between Embperl and mod_gzip. This is
the only .so file which I am loading, so I don't know yet if this is
specifically a problem with mod_gzip or with .so in general. I downloaded the
precompiled Linux binary .so for mod_gzip, but now I guess I'll investigate the
possibility of compiling it into apache directly instead. I'll let you know if
that works. Meanwhile, hopefully this information will be helpful...

-Neil