perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kee Hinckley <naz...@somewhere.com>
Subject Erasing the output
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 00:01:45 GMT
Embperl 1.3.4.

I have a situation where I discover half way through a file that I
want to abort the current page and display something else entirely.
I'm not displaying pages until the everything has run, so things are
clearly cached somewhere.  Is there away to delete the cache?

E.g.

	... bunch of html and code ...
	[-
		if (something wrong)
			erase all that stuff
			Execute(error page)
		}
	-]

On a rather related subject.  A while ago we discussed exception
handling.  Has anyone thought of a way of doing that in a page?

	[! try { !]
does not appear to work (and there is the issue of dealing with the
output problem mentioned above even if it did).

I'd love to see the Error package builtin as [$ $] keywords.
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/

everyone else's.